Monday, June 16, 2014

Graduation time!



   Hi everyone!  I am finally back from my trip up to Washington state for my niece's graduation!  It sure is a long drive, and it doesn't get any easier the older you get!  I remember making the whole trip in one go 7 years ago.  Not anymore.  I'm good for about 8 hours of driving, give or take.  Thank goodness for good CD's (with lots of Rob Thomas) to sing to!  Plus, a special thank goodness because no one can hear how horribly out of tune I can get!
     I do have to mention that I waited a day to leave just so I could get my demonstrator order; and yes, I took it all with me.  I'm that pitiful.  But so glad I did, because while up there, I created this little ditty!  I am loving the new star stamps and framelits!
    The colors are Blackberry Bliss and Hello Honey with whisper white.  I used the wooden cutout from one of my paper pumpkins, along with a bit of the envelope liner (gold).
     Here is an important tip about inking these little wooden shapes... especially with a new and very juicy ink pad.  LET IT DRY FOR 24 or more hours!  Everyone at the graduation party had purple/pink fingers and my sister put a wonderful, but permanent finger print on the front of the card!  I inked it right from the pad of Blackberry, so it's really dark!   If I would've had my glitter spray, I would've sprayed it with that, which would've probably sealed it!
     I also used the little sticky backed gold glitter circles to add some bling!  Her school colors are purple and gold, so it was perfect for her!  The polka dot paper is from the Moonlight pad that sells for $6.95.
     I'd also like to note the versatility of the Paper Pumpkin kits that come to your door once a month!  It is such an amazing value, and they provide a means for anyone to create something awesome and amazing!   I'll talk about this in an upcoming blog post, so stay tuned!
      I've brought my mom back with me for a visit, so the next month should be very eventful, because my sweet grand babies are also coming on July 4th!  And then it's convention... oh my!  Life is wonderful, you know?
    Happy creating!  Toodles!~

No comments:

Post a Comment