Wednesday, June 18, 2014

Polka Dot Pieces



    Hello!  Can I just say I love this stamp set?!  For a long time, plaid was my weakness.  Now, I think it might be polka dots!  Although, a really nice plaid gets me every time!
    This set is amazingly versatile!  I love everything about it!  I saw a card like this on Pinterest, and just had to CASE it!!!
    The colors I went with this time were Melon Mambo, Gumball Green (I know it's retired, but I still have some to use up!!), and Whisper white!  I also used a retired punch, but darnit, it's just too cute to NOT use ever again!!
    I made this card for my Monday card class, and it was a huge hit!  If not for making 20 kits, I could've added some rhinestones on the scalloped edge border for some more bling.  I'm thinking a tiny silver ribbon and bow would look nice going across the DSP, behind the flower piece.  But, then again, simple is always good.
    I have a hard time doing simple sometimes, but it's also very easy to over-do a card.  I guess the best thing would be to think about the recipient.  i.e., do they like flourishy things?  Or do they prefer clean and simple things?  When I'm making a card for someone, I try and think about what would really wow them when they open the envelope, and that includes style as much as color and theme!  So the next time you sit down to create a card for someone special, try and think of more than one way to wow them!
    I hope you enjoyed this little cutie!  I'm actually thinking a set of them, in different colors would make an awesome gift for someone!!
    Happy stamping!  Toodles!

No comments:

Post a Comment