Wednesday, June 4, 2014

Who doesn't love a moose?!


    Hi everyone!  Hope you're all having a wonderful day!  Today is 'hump' day, but we're celebrating with a Moose instead of a camel!  Although... if you look at a moose, he kind of has a hump on his shoulders...  Never mind my musings, on with the card!
     For this little card, I used the lint roller technique again.  Where?  It's on the whisper white, behind the moose.  I cut my white card stock to the size I knew I needed, and then applied SOFT SKY to the upper portion of the square.  Then I flipped my lint roller over, and loaded some crumb cake on the bottom half.  I could have done the marker on the acrylic block technique, but I wanted it to be more subtle than that.  I also wanted all the beautiful line work in the moose to stand out front and center.
     I stamped him in EARLY ESPRESSO, and the Thinking of You as well.  I used SOFT SKY to mount the argyle paper (from my stash... I think it's Basic Grey).  I also embossed a piece of SOFT SKY 1 1/4 x 5 with our wood grain folder and put 3 tiny silver brads off to the left to add a bit of 'manly' bling.
    The moose masterpiece is mounted on a square of EARLY ESPRESSO.  (The measurements of the layers are 3 x 3 and 3 1/8 x 3 1/8).   I entertained corner chomping the corners, but decided not to, so it was in keeping with the overall design of straight lines and angles.  If you do decide to chomp the corners, then I would suggest doing the same with the card base layers!
     I hope you give this card a try!  He's a beautiful moose and stamps up wonderfully!  Hopefully, my Stampin' Up! order will be here tomorrow and I can play with my new toys!!!  AAAACCKKK... it's so hard waiting!  As you could imagine, I was hopeless back when you had to send your film in by mail order to get it developed!  The waiting was excruciating!   I might have to go stalking UPS trucks tomorrow... Just kidding!
    Happy stamping!  Toodles!

No comments:

Post a Comment