Sunday, July 20, 2014

Dazzling Divas at SU Convention 2014


    Hi everyone!  Back from an exciting and non-stop 4 days at Stampin' Up's Convention 2014!  This is a picture of my upline, Vicky Kahlandt and I with a wall of beautiful paper flowers behind us!  I'm so grateful to have her both as a friend, and my upline!

    I learned quite a bit this year, including some new techniques that I cannot wait to try out and then teach you!  You are going to absolutely love some of them!  Be sure to check out my Pinterest Board Convention 2014 for pictures of the sample boards and some of the beautiful swaps I got in return!  Had a wonderful time meeting new people and seeing some from last year!  It's truly a wonderful family of stampers that come together each year!


    Tonight, I'm posting a picture of a card we made in our Monday card class at the Senior Center last week.  I used Marina Mist and Whisper White as the two main colors.  I embossed half of the white with the retired script folder and the bottom half with the lace border from Delicate Designs.  I used a strip of Marina Mist DSP to separate the two, and added three pearls for accent.  Using the Flowershop stamp set, I stamped two flowers and punched them out.  Then, using the new Beautiful Bunch set and the new Blossom punch, I stamped one of those.  It's really nice how the two sets are coordinated!  Using an old fern blossom punch (non- SU), I added three branches in whisper white.  Mount on a piece of Marina Mist 4 1/8 x 5 3/8, and then mount on your card base.  I purposefully left off a sentiment because I liked the simplicity of the card without it.

     I hope you like this card and give it a try.  It's very elegant looking without much effort!  The ladies loved it, and I will probably make more using different colors and flower combinations!  If you would like to order anything, please look me up on the Stampin' Up DBWS website!  When I learn how to do links, it will be posted!!

   Have a great day, and happy stamping!  Toodles!

No comments:

Post a Comment