Monday, May 19, 2014

It's Monday! Yippee-Skippee!



    Happy Monday everyone!  Hope you all had a wonderful weekend!  My husband got a new phone this weekend, so he hands it to me so I can look at it, and the very first thing I do is hit the FACE TIME button to call my grand kids!  Omgosh, that is a-w-e-s-o-m-e!  We skype, but this is so much better!  Yes, I love my grand babies and miss them so very much!
     Today's card is inspired off of one I'd seen on Pinterest (cannot remember the name of the designer!).  For my card, I chose to use the new Moonlight 4 1/2 x 6 1/2 pad in the upcoming new catalog!  I also used  Lost Lagoon and Hello Honey (new In-colors).  The neutrals are Basic Gray and Whisper White.

TERRIFIC TIP TIME:
    I do have a tip for cutting hexagons with our punch!  So you don't waste paper unnecessarily, start by punching half of a hexagon on the bottom right side of your sheet.  Then, line up your punch to punch a full one UP and to the LEFT of it.  Keep going with half, full, half, full until you've gone across the paper.  You should now be able to line your punch up for maximum hexagons with little or no wastage!  And for cards like this one, save those little scraps because you never know when you're going to need one to stick somewhere to fill a gap!

    I hope you enjoyed this edition of Terrific Tip Time.  I'm going to try and incorporate them into my blog posts at least once a week!  Happy creating, and toodles!!

No comments:

Post a Comment