Thursday, May 29, 2014

Lint roller???


  Hi everyone!  It's been hectic as usual around here, but the good news is my grand babies are coming!  Long story short, we've worked it out, and grampa and I couldn't be any happier!  This blog post is the very l-a-t-e Terrific Tip Time... it's about using a LINT ROLLER in place of a brayer.
    The idea came to me early one morning (about 2:00 a.m. I think), when I wanted to try a brayer look, but realized I didn't have one.  So... lightbulb moment... ta dah!  I'll use a lint roller!





    The first thing you need to do is rub it all over your clothes to get most of the sticky stuff off.  The four colors of ink I used for this card are Crumb Cake, Soft Suede, Marina Mist and Pear Pizzazz.  The cardstock is Very Vanilla.  For the blue and green piece, start by loading your lint roller with some Marina Mist.  Work on a sheet of waxed paper, and begin rolling the ink onto your paper.  The lines will be softer and leave white bits, which is what I was looking for.  You can choose to add more ink or less, it's your design!  When you're done with the Marina Mist, change the tape on your lint roller to a clean one.  Again, rub on your clothes (you should have spotless clothes by the time you're done with this card!).  Add the Pear Pizzazz to it and start filling in your cardstock to however you would like it.
    With another half sheet of very vanilla, do the very same thing, with another clean lint roller, using crumb cake.  Add small bits of soft suede, so that it looks antiqued.  Do the same thing with a piece of 5 3/8 x 4 1/8 of Marina Mist.  And again to another half sheet of very vanilla (your card base).


   
  I used three stamp sets with this card.  World Map, The Open Sea and our new set Traveler.  I stamped a piece of crumb cake (5 1/4 x 4) with the World Map.  Once done, I ran the crumb cake/soft suede lint roller over it, and then ripped the edges and shaded them with soft suede.  Then I softened up the paper by running my bone folder over it again and again.  I didn't want the wrinkled look, hence no crumbling of paper!
    Then, on a piece of lint rollered vanilla, I stamped the manifest page from The Open Sea in Soft Suede. Tear, shade and distress the edges again.   I also stamped the tiny passport on the same sheet, using the same suede.  The ship was stamped with black stazon on the same vanilla sheet.   Next, stamp the globe from The Open Sea onto the Marina Mist and Pear Pizzazz masterpiece you created!  Cut by hand or circle framelit.
    I used a small piece of burlap ribbon and frayed the edges a little and cut it into a banner shape.  Using linen thread I sewed little "X's" on the left.
   Place your crumb cake piece down first, then the manifest piece.  Next, determine where you want your other three pieces and pop dot those.  I did a little extra fussy cutting on the ship so the globe would show through.
   Last touch was to add some more linen thread and a tiny gold anchor that I found in the jewelry department!  A little sentiment at the bottom would look nice but I don't think it's necessary.
    This card took me about an hour, which isn't bad when you're making a card for that special someone!  And Father's Day is right around the corner!  Happy stamping, and happy rolling!!  LOL!  Toodles

No comments:

Post a Comment