Monday, May 26, 2014

Try a little tenderness...


    Happy Memorial Day everyone. I'd like to take this opportunity to thank all those men and women who have served our great country, including my Grandfather, my Father, my Husband, and my son-in-law.  We are a very proud military family (I served myself for 4.5 years), and I wouldn't change a thing!  
     I wanted to mark today's solemness with a couple of sympathy cards.  The first one is done in Wisteria Wonder, Basic Gray and Whisper white.  I love the simplicity of this tree.  I chose to add some pearls along the punched border instead of in the tree as I've seen in other cards.  A simple punched Praying for You and a neat knot bow finishes it off nicely.  I did use an Anna Griffin embossing folder... I just wanted a floral background.  The rest is all Stampin' Up! though!


   This next card is done with black, whisper white and wild wasabi.  I used some ribbon I'd gotten on the clearance rack (love it!).  The stamp set is Serene Silhouettes and Teeny Tiny Wishes.  Three tiny pearls add a little shuzzhh (a British term I picked up while living in England for 7 years)!  The embossing folder is our Fancy Fan one!

    The neat thing about these two cards is that you can change the sentiments and have two completely different cards!  Experiment by changing out the stamped images as well to come up with completely different cards!  The possibilities are endless with these simple layouts.   I hope you enjoyed these, and they inspire you to create your own 'works of art'!
   
     Until next time, toodles!

No comments:

Post a Comment