Friday, May 23, 2014

You're "Sew" Special!



    Happy Friday everyone!  Whoo hoo!!  Time for the weekend, and possibly a meteor shower tonight, clouds permitting!  Today I'm sharing a card I CASED off of Pinterest; but I changed the papers.  I had some retired Stampin' Up! DSP that I thought reminded me of retro quilt fabric.  I cut them into half inch strips, and the middle square is 1 1/4.  To start, take a white piece of paper cut at 4 x 5 1/4.  Eyeball the square and adhere it to the middle of your card.  Take your first strip (in my case the poppy) and lay it next to the square, edges flush.  Adhere, and trim off the edge.  Turn your card counter-clockwise, and lay another poppy strip flat edge to flat edge.  Trim off excess .  Repeat until you have the first 4 strips laid.  Continue going around and around like this until your whole white piece of paper is covered up.
      When you're finished with that, choose an embossing folder that gives the look of quilted lines (I used the Modern Mosaic one.), and emboss.  Mount on a coordinating colored back (4 1/8 x 5 3/8).  Make a simple border strip in whisper white, and add a strip of ribbon with a knot bow.  Add a few buttons or whatever you have available to keep it in the 'sewing' theme!  If you're really feeling the 'sewing' theme, do a little machine stitching or hand stitching as well!
    I chose not to add a sentiment, but a small one using the word window punch would look cute on the bottom right.  Especially now that starting June 2nd you'll be able to get your hands on an alphabet wheel, so you can customize your sentiments even more!  It's item # 133769;  it's $14.95; and it has space for 13 characters!
   Hope you enjoyed this little card.  I fell in love with it when I first saw it!  It looks harder than it actually is, so whoever is the recipient is going to think you slaved for hours making it!!!    Have a great weekend, and see you next week!  Don't forget to check back  for Tuesday's Terrific Tip!  Toodles!!

No comments:

Post a Comment